Beef and Vegetable Stroganoff-Topped Potato Recipe
- 1 medium baking potato
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 4 oz beef flank steak, cut across grain into thin bite-size strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso™ Light savory vegetable barley soup
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
| ||PREP TIME
- Generously pierce potato with fork; place on microwavable paper towel. Microwave on High 4 to 5 minutes, turning over once, until tender.
- Cover; let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add beef, mushrooms and onion; sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, just until beef is browned and vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in soup. Heat to boiling. Cook uncovered over high heat 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- To serve, place 1/2 potato on each serving plate. Top each with half of the beef mixture; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon parsley.
A recipe from Pillsbury