Green Bean Gratin Recipe
- 2 bags (12 oz each) frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook green beans as directed on bag; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion in butter 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle onion with flour; cook 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Stir in broth. Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat. Stir in black pepper, salt, red pepper and sour cream with wire whisk until blended. Stir in green beans. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/4 cup butter uncovered on High until melted.
- Add bread crumbs and cheese; mix until blended. Sprinkle evenly over green bean mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 23 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown.
A recipe from Betty Crocker