Golden Mushroom Glazed Tofu Recipe
- 12 oz block tofu
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced and white and green parts divided
- 1 piece fresh ginger root, minced (1-inch)
| ||PREP TIME
- Drain tofu and pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Cut the tofu in half and slice each half into six pieces.
- Pat pieces again to dry. (The drier they are, the better the texture)
- Whisk together the golden mushroom soup, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Set aside.
- Toss the tofu pieces with the cornstarch until they are lightly coated.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the tofu slices until golden brown and a little crispy, about 3 minutes per side.
- Gently transfer cooked tofu to plate.
- In same pan, add the whites of the green onion and ginger and cook for one minute over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in soup mixture and let cook over medium heat, stirring often, until it makes a nice glaze, about 5 minutes (add up to 1/4 cup water for a thinner consistency).
- Add tofu back to the pan where the soup is cooking, turning to coat and heat through.
- Serve tofu over rice with steamed green vegetables and sprinkle with green onions.
A recipe from Campbells
Printed from Flyers-Online.com