Gingery tofu and rice noodle soup Recipe
- 900 mL vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 125 g flat rice noodles
- 350 g extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts, or pea shoots
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, mint or cilantro
- lime wedges, optional
| ||PREP TIME
- BOIL broth with water, leeks, cinnamon and ginger in a large pot.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Gently boil for 10 min.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Stir in noodles, tofu and soy.
- Cook until noodles are tender, about 10 min.
- Stir in spinach during the last min of cooking.
- DIVIDE soup among 4 bowls.
- Top with bean sprouts and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges squeezed overtop.
A recipe from Chatelaine