Fig-Braised Chicken with Spiced Walnuts Recipe
- 2 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried mission figs, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
For the walnuts :
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
| ||PREP TIME
- In a cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon ghee or oil along with the figs and cherries and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and simmer to reduce by one third, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the marinade to a bowl and place in the freezer to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In the same bowl or a resealable zip-top bag, combine the chicken and marinade.
- Mix thoroughly to coat the chicken evenly, cover if using a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to eat, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Transfer the chicken from the marinade to a plate.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon ghee or oil in an oven-safe cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with the sea salt and cook the chicken in the hot ghee or oil until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the reserved marinade and bone broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the liquid by half, about 10 minutes, turning the chicken periodically to ensure even cooking.
A recipe from Epicurious
You also might like:
Life Made Delicious
Already have an account?
Sign in now!
Forgot Your Password?
Create your Free Account
Fast, easy, without any engagement!
With an account you will be able to:
Create my Free Account now!
- Add businesses and flyers to your favorites
- Quickly follow any new special
- Receive the most interesting promotions
- Follow your participations to our exclusive contests and enter in one click only!
Printed from Flyers-Online.com