Ermite des Cantons and Turkey Puffs Recipe
- 150 g smoked meat style smoked turkey breast, sliced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) old-fashioned grainy mustard
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) dried thyme
- 1 sheet flaky pastry crust (store bought)
- 2 Cortland apples, sliced thin
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ermite cheese, crumbled
- 6-7 pecans, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) water
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter, honey and thyme into a small saucepan and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Cook 5 minutes, add half the mustard, mix well, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the turkey slices into 4 pieces.
- Set aside.
- Unroll the pastry, cut into 4 equal squares and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- With the point of a paring knife, lightly score around the perimeter of each square to form a border about 1.25 cm (½ in.) wide.
- Spread remaining mustard within the confines of the square.
- Arrange apple and turkey slices, alternating them, in a fan pattern.
- Spread the fans with the honey-butter mixture and sprinkle with the crumbled Ermite cheese, then with the pecans.
- Beat the egg with the water and spread around the border of each square.
- Bake 20 minutes or until pastries are well browned.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by a salad with bitter lettuce.
A recipe from Olymel
Printed from Flyers-Online.com