Creamy Smothered Cajun Pork Chops Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (about 1 1/2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz container)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cooked white rice, if desired
| ||PREP TIME
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning.
- Cook 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 to 60 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to skillet; melt over medium-high heat. Season both sides of pork chops with remaining 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- Add to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until browned.
- Add chicken broth and vegetable mixture to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center (145°F).
- Remove pork to rimmed serving dish; cover to keep warm. Stir whipping cream into vegetable mixture, and cook until heated through; transfer to serving dish with pork chops. Serve warm with rice.
A recipe from Pillsbury