Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 teaspoons Montreal chicken seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread rice evenly in baking dish.
- Arrange chicken evenly over rice.
- Top chicken with broccoli and onions.
- In small bowl, mix broth and chicken seasoning.
- Pour mixture evenly over rice in baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Stir cheese and whipping cream into chicken mixture in casserole.
- Replace foil; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until rice is tender, chicken is no longer pink in center and mixture is heated to at least 165°F in center of casserole.
- Stir; top with parsley.
A recipe from Betty Crocker