Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3-4 carrots, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3-4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups chicken broth (I used Better Than Bouillon chicken soup base)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cups egg noodles, dry
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and diced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
| ||PREP TIME
- In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add carrots, onions and celery and sauté until tender.
- Add in chicken broth and fresh parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in noodles and cook until noodles are tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Stir in flour and whisk constantly for about 1½ - 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a light boil.
- Boil lightly until sauce thickens, continue stirring.
- Pour sauce into chicken noodle soup and stir until combined.
- Add in cooked diced chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
A recipe from divas can cook