Creamy Butternut Squash and Apple Soup Recipe
- 2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 SMALL YELLOW ONION, PEELED AND CHOPPED
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC, CHOPPED
- 1 GRANNY SMITH APPLE, PEELED, CORED AND CHOPPED
- 1 LARGE BUTTERNUT SQUASH (ABOUT 2.5 LBS) PEELED, SEEDED AND CHOPPED INTO 1-INCH PIECES
- 2 STEMS FRESH THYME OR 1/2 TSP DRIED THYME
- 1 BAY LEAF
- 1/4 TSP NUTMEG
- 3-4 CUPS WATER
- 2 CUPS SILK ORIGINAL SOYMILK, ALMONDMILK, COCONUTMILK, OR OATMILK
- 1 TSP SALT
- 1/2 TSP FRESH GROUND PEPPER
- 1 TSP FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 4 TBSP TOASTED SLICED ALMONDS FOR GARNISH
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat a 5-quart soup pot over medium-low heat; add olive oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple, squash, thyme, bay leaf, nutmeg and enough water to cover ingredients.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cook for 15-18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender.
- Stir in Silk and heat through.
- Remove from heat, remove thyme stems and bay leaf and allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- In two to three separate batches, puree soup in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Return to saucepan and reheat.
- Add nutmeg and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in warm bowls garnished with toasted sliced almonds.
A recipe from Silk
Printed from Flyers-Online.com