Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe Recipe
- 1 Blind-Baked Pie Crust
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
| ||PREP TIME
Step 1 :
- Whisk sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch in a large saucepan to combine.
- Add eggs and egg yolks and whisk vigorously, making sure to get into corners of pan, until smooth.
- Whisk in milk, vanilla, and salt.
Step 2 :
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking often and making sure to get into corners of pan, 8–10 minutes (mixture should be bubbling and thickened).
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer, whisking constantly, 3 minutes.
- Let pudding cool 5 minutes, whisking every minute.
Step 3 :
- Add chocolate to pudding and whisk until melted and fully incorporated.
- Scrape filling into pie crust; smooth surface.
- Chill until cold and set, at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
Step 4 :
- Stir gelatin and 1 Tbsp. water in a small bowl.
- Let sit until solidified, about 5 minutes.
- Microwave in 5-second intervals until melted, or set in a bowl of very hot water and let sit until melted.
Step 5 :
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add melted gelatin and beat until medium peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream over filling, swirling as desired.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Dust with cocoa powder if desired.
Step 6 :
- Do Ahead: Pie can be made 3 days ahead.
- Keep chilled.
A recipe from Epicurious
Printed from Flyers-Online.com