Chicken Pastry Bites Recipe
- 2 ¼ cups Chicken Breast, minced (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tart apple, grated
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp white wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme leaves
- ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Tbsp Honey Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Puff Pastry, Thawed ( I used DuFour Pastry Kitchens puff pastry – at Whole Foods)
- 1 egg white
| ||PREP TIME
20 - 25
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken breast in the food processor to mince. If you would like you can also use the food processor to grate the carrots, apple and onion.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the chicken, carrot, apple, onion. Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic and flour until well combined.
- Lay puff pastry out onto a lightly floured work surface and slightly press out.
- You won’t need press out that much if you are using the DuFour Pastry dough.
- Then cut the pastry dough into four equal rectangles (down the center and across).
- Then divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and spoon evenly down the center of the pastry rectangle.
- Fold one edge of the pastry over the filling, stretching it slightly as you go and tuck it under the chicken mixture slightly.
- Fold the other pastry edge over the top to form a seam and press down gently to seal. Turn the roll over so seam is face down. Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Once you have completed the 4 rolls cut into 4 to 5 little bites. You should have around 20 to 25 bites when completed.
- Make a small slit on the top of each bite to prevent them from bursting. Arrange the bites onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the bites and brush the tops with egg white then bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
A recipe from stl cooks