Chicken and Dirty Rice Casserole Recipe
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 6 oz fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Minute™ instant white rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ reduced sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onions, celery, 1/2 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning, the paprika and red pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions start to soften.
- Add sausage; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until sausage is heated through.
- Add sausage mixture, rice, tomatoes and broth to baking dish; stir to combine.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning; stir to coat.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture; cover with foil.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Top with parsley.
A recipe from Betty Crocker