Black olive, thyme, and mushroom pasta from François Chartier Recipe
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 227 g (8 oz.) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) sundried black olives (pitted and coarsely chopped)
- 15mL (1 tbsp.) crushed juniper berries (optional)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 1 package (454 g) pasta (ideally gemelli)
- To taste, freshly ground black pepper
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet with a lid.
- Add the onion and sear.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the black olives, juniper berries, and thyme and sauté a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook slowly for a few minutes.
- Bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to a boil.
- Pour in the gemelli and cook until al dente, or even a bit firm.
- Drain pasta and transfer it immediately to the skillet containing the olive mixture. Increase the heat and mix well.
- Tip: Pour in a bit of water, or better yet some pasta cooking water, to bring out the black olives' colour, thus adding colour and more flavour to the pasta.
- If needed, adjust the amount of olive oil to taste, and add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
- Important: Don ’t add salt to the dish because the olives are usually already salted. Serve immediately.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com