Black Bean, Corn and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet (8 oz) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen corn
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 scallion, finely diced (for garnish)
- 2 pinches coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the diced potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss and roast for 20 minutes.
- Once roasted, lower the heat to 375°F.
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water until they pop into little spirals, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add the onions and sauté until they start to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno and garlic; sauté another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the black beans and frozen corn; cook for 5 minutes, until warmed.
- Add the roasted sweet potatoes, cooked quinoa, lime juice, cilantro leaves, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mixture into each pepper half, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the peppers have softened, and the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Garnish with scallions and serve immediately.
A recipe from Tablespoon
Printed from Flyers-Online.com