BBQ Chicken Burgers with Slaw Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: McCormick brand) a palm full
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, eyeball it
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 rounded tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cornmeal Kaiser rolls, split
| ||PREP TIME
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste and sweat them for 5 minutes to soften and sweeten.
- Sprinkle in sugar and remove from heat. Cool in a bowl, 5 minutes. Add tomato paste mixture, Worcestershire, hot sauce to bowl and combine.
- Add chicken to the bowl then grill seasoning and combine the burgers well to evenly distribute the flavors and form 4 patties. Wash up.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side.
- Combine the honey, lemon juice, and remaining extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Add relish, cabbage mix and sliced onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the slaw to coat and reserve.
- Serve burgers on bun bottoms topped with slaw and bun tops.
A recipe from Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray