baked potato soup Recipe
- 4-6 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup butter
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups half & half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese + more for garnish
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Mash 2 of the potatoes and keep the rest of them cubed. Saute the onion in the grease from the cooked bacon.
- Add the flour and chicken broth slowly and whisk until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese, sour cream, bacon, and green onions.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cheese and sour cream. Serve hot and garnish with extra cheese, bacon, and green onions. Enjoy!
A recipe from live craft eat