When Robert Brown bought the business from A.H.
Tobey in 1934, the store was still at its original Durham Street location.
From a staff of three, the business soon expanded to become a prime location for all jewelllery and watch needs, including an in-house optometrist and photography department.
By 1953, Robert Brown Jewellers had established itself in the present day location at 62 Cedar Street.
At one time, downtown Sudbury had dozens of jewellery stores. It was a time when the city's core was the main shopping destination.
Decades later, it is Robert Brown Jewellers that remains.
Jennifer Zuliani and her brother, Niel McKay, own and operate the business, having taken it over from their parents, Bruce and Phyllis McKay.
Bruce McKay worked under Robert Brown himself and eventually took over the business from his son, Gordon, when he retired.
The family traces the continued success of Robert Brown Jewellers to maintaining a strong commitment to the highest quality brands and customer service.
By continually building relationships with customers and maintaining the highest standards, Robert Brown Jewellers has found the recipe for success over its eighty-plus year history, a tradition that remains today, tomorrow and into the future.