Weeknight Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 (13-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 ounces fresh spinach (about 2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 servings brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Suggested accompaniments: Cilantro, mint leaves, and plain yogurt
| ||COOK TIME
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic powder, coriander, cumin, ginger, salt, and cayenne with a fork. Dredge the chicken in the spice mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle any remaining spices on top, and sear until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the coconut milk and tomato sauce, bring to a boil, and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the chicken is done all the way through (no longer pink), 8 to 10 minutes.
- Layer in bowls with brown rice on the bottom, then spinach, chicken, sauce, yogurt, and fresh herbs. Enjoy!
A recipe from Epicurious
Printed from Flyers-Online.com