Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 LARGE SWEET POTATOES, ABOUT 1 POUND
- 1 EGG (OR 1/4 CUP SILKEN TOFU)
- 1/2 TSP GARLIC POWDER
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1/4 TSP NUTMEG
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
CREAM SAUCE :
- 2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1/4 CUP MINCED SHALLOTS
- 1 TBSP CHOPPED FRESH SAGE, OR 1 TSP DRIED SAGE
- 3 TBSP FLOUR
- 2 CUPS SILK UNSWEET CASHEWMILK OR UNSWEET COCONUTMILK
- 1/4 CUP DRY WHITE WINE, OPTIONAL
- SALT AND PEPPER, TO TASTE
- GRATED PARMESAN OR NON-DAIRY PARMESAN, IF DESIRED
| ||PREP TIME
Prepare Gnocchi :
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake potatoes until soft, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Scoop flesh from cooled potatoes and mash in a bowl.
- Add egg, garlic powder and salt, mixing well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, until a workable dough forms.
- Take 1/4 of the dough, place on a floured surface and roll into a 1/2-inch diameter snake.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and press each gnocchi with the tines of a fork.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Prepare Sauce :
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and saute until soft but not browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add sage and flour and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Whisk in Silk, wine, salt and pepper, bringing to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add gnocchi in two batches and simmer until they rise to the top.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a strainer.
- To serve, add gnocchi to sauce and coat well.
- Spoon into bowls or onto plates and sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.
A recipe from Silk
Printed from Flyers-Online.com