Snap Peas, Asparagus and Zucchini Sauté Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the shallot, stirring frequently, until it is fragrant and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the peas and asparagus and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Turn off heat and stir in the basil. Add the lemon juice, if using, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
A recipe from Relish