Slow-Cooker Creamy Ham and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup purchased julienne (matchstick-cut) carrots
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) reduced-sodium cream of celery soup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
| ||PREP TIME
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except half-and-half, almonds, sherry and parsley.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until hot.
A recipe from Betty Crocker