Root Vegetable Gratin Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, divided, plus a little extra to grease baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups coarse fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1 tsp each, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 carton (900 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1 lb each, celery root, golden beets, carrots, Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced 1/16" (1.5mm)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 375° (190°C)
- Butter a 9-x13-inch (3 L) baking dish.
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add breadcrumbs; cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and toss with ½ cup of the Gruyere and 2 tsp (10 mL) of the thyme leaves; season with a pinch of the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring cream, broth, remaining thyme, and remaining butter to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat; season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit 10 minutes.
- Cover; keep warm.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl.
- Arrange ? of vegetables in dish and top with ½ cup (125 mL) of the Gruyere.
- Repeat layers; top with remaining vegetables.
- Pour cream mixture over; place a piece of parchment paper directly on top of gratin.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and cream is thickened, 60 minutes.
- Uncover, top with breadcrumb mixture, and bake until gratin is bubbling and breadcrumbs are brown, 30 minutes longer.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
A recipe from Campbells
Printed from Flyers-Online.com