Roasted Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds (12 to 15 count) shrimp
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon good white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons small-diced red onion
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss together.
- Spread the shrimp on one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until pink, firm and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- When the shrimp are cool, add them to the sauce and toss. Add the dill, capers, and red onion and toss well.
- The flavors will improve if you allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Otherwise, chill and serve at room temperature.
A recipe from Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten