Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 c pasta, large shells or spiral work well
- 1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Ranch dressing mix (envelope)
- 1 1/2 c Colby jack cheese, diced (or any block cheese)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 c ham, diced (optional)
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 c buttermilk
| ||PREP TIME
- Prepare pasta noodles al dente according to package directions.
- Strain and cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ranch dressing envelope according to the package directions adding mayo & buttermilk.
- I thin it out with a couple additional tablespoons of buttermilk or milk if needed.
- Add cubed cheese, cucumber, tomato halves, and optional ham to the pasta.
- Add dressing.
- Combine well.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more. If the noodles soak up most of the dressing, you may add a bit of milk to loosen it up or just a squirt or two of bottled dressing.
A recipe from just a pinch