Pasta e Fagioli (Pasta & Beans Soup) Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15-oz) can great northern beans, undrained
- 2 (15-oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cups water
- ½ lb. small macaroni or ditalini pasta
| ||PREP TIME
- Soften onion in olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, breaking up meat until browned.
- Drain off any fat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Sauté for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the pasta and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened a bit.
- Cook pasta in a separate pot as directed on package, until al dente.
- Drain and add to the pot of soup. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
A recipe from yummy healthy easy