One Pot Kielbasa Pasta Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa or turkey/chicken sausage sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1.5 cups diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz dry pasta(small pasta)
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
| ||PREP TIME
- Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat.
- Fry the smoked kielbasa and onions.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, heavy cream, pasta, and seasonings.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or untill pasta is tender.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese and cover until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with sliced scallions and serve.
- This only makes 4 large servings, so if you are feeding a larger group or want leftovers,I'd recommend doubling the recipe, it's well worth it! Enjoy!
A recipe from sugar apron