Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ c. whole milk
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped chives (about 2 tablespoons)
- Chopped bacon (about 5 slices)
- Sour cream (about 1/4 cup)
- Grated cheddar cheese (about 1/4 cup)
| ||PREP TIME
- In a large pot (or Dutch oven) set over medium-low heat, add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Toss in the potatoes, season with salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered for 25-35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and begin to break down.
- Pour in the milk and chives, cook for 5 minutes, then add the cheese.
- Once the cheese has fully melted, stir and remove from the heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional chives, bacon, sour cream and cheese.
A recipe from life made simple bakes