Loaded Bacon Mashed Potato Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube Pillsbury™ refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker™ potato flakes mashed potatoes (dry)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
| ||PREP TIME
- Combine the butter and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until hot.
- Combine the milk mixture with the potato flakes and whisk well.
- Add a splash more milk if needed; the potato mixture should be more fluid than normal – almost like a very thick cream sauce.
- Chop the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Dice the chives, grate the cheese if needed, and get all of the remaining ingredients right ready to go next to the grill.
- Open the dough and unroll it.
- Place the dough directly onto the pre-heated grill grate on the hot side.
- Cook about 3 minutes until very browned, then flip it.
- Cook a few more minutes to brown the other side, then move the pizza to the other side of the grill where the heat is off.
- Spread mashed potatoes onto the pizza crust, then top with the bacon, chives, and cheese.
- Close the grill and allow to cook for about 10 minutes to melt the cheese and warm up the toppings.
- Remove from the grill, cut, and serve immediately.
A recipe from Tablespoon