Leek and cabbage tartlets Recipe
- 125 mL (½ cup) raisins
- 1 package (454 g) Commercial Shortcrust Pastry
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) Compliments Olive Oil
- 3 leeks
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Savoy cabbage
- 2 mL (½ tsp.) ground cumin
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) salt
- 3 eggs
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) milk
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) grated Compliments Old Cheddar Cheese
| ||PREP TIME
- In a small bowl, plump the raisins in water for 10 minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 2 to 3 mm (1/8 in.) thick with arolling pin.
- Prick pastry with a fork.
- For standard 15 cm (6 in.) tartlet pans, cut pastry into four 20 cm (8 in.) rounds.
- Line pans with pastry and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place tartlets on a cookie sheet on bottom oven rack and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook 2 to 3 minutes, without browning.
- Add cabbage and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add raisins, cumin, cinnamon, and half the salt. Combine and divide among the tartlets.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and rest of salt.
- Divide among tartlets and reserve 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of mixture.
- Divide cheese among tartlets.
- Brush rim of pastry with reserved egg mixture.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 20 to 30 minutes or until topping is cooked.
- Serve with a red lettuce salad.
A recipe from Iga
You also might like:
Sally's Backing Addiction
Printed from Flyers-Online.com