Grilled Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 12 ounces squid, bodies only
- 3 ounces arugula leaves (about 6 cups)
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans (cannellini), drained, rinsed
- 1 large head radicchio, leaves separated
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat the oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then add the herbs and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Cool to room temperature. Whisk in the lemon juice. Season the dressing with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Pat the scallops and squid dry with paper towels and thread them onto skewers.
- Brush them with 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops and squid until just cooked through, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Cool completely. Cut the squid crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide rings.
- Combine the arugula, carrots, bell peppers, and cannellini beans in a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 cup of the dressing to coat.
- Place 1 large or 2 medium radicchio leaves on each of 4 plates. Spoon the bean salad into the radicchio cups.
- Top with the scallops and squid. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the seafood and serve.
A recipe from Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis