Garden Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 pound green and/or wax beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground pepper
| ||PREP TIME
- Soak the diced onion in cold water, 10 minutes.
- Whisk the vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, then whisk in the olive oil.
- Drain the onion and pat dry, then add to the dressing. Stir in the white beans.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green and/or wax beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans, then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again, pat dry and add to the salad.
- Marinate at room temperature, tossing occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Before serving, stir the parsley and chives into the salad and season with salt and pepper.
A recipe from Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen