Four Cheese Drunken Pasta Recipe
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, oil drained but reserved
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed (I used arugula instead)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup capers (optional)
- salt and pepper-to taste
- 1 cup red wine that you like!
- 1½ cups water
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1½ cups four cheese combo, shredded(Sold at Trader Joes)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- several slices fresh mozzarella to top it with after baking!
- fresh parsley chopped for garnish
| ||PREP TIME
6 - 8
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour tomatoes into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add the tomato paste, sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil.
- Add spinach (or arugula), garlic, capers, salt/pepper, sine, water.
- Stir it up and add the pasta and cheeses. (Save sliced cheese for later.)
- Push pasta down so it is in the liquid.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover-top with mozzarella and bake 10 more mins to melt cheese.
- Top with chopped parsley.
A recipe from hugs and cookies xoxo