Crispy almond butter granola bars are no-bake and gluten free Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant), gluten free if that’s what you require
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal (gluten free variety)
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (or a combination)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or dried cranberries (or both)
| ||PREP TIME
- Line a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper or grease it thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, cereal and ground flax.
- Measure out the slivered almonds (or seeds) and chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine molasses and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves then bring to a boil for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove from heat and quickly add almond butter (or sunflower seed butter).
- Stir to combine.
- Working quickly, pour sugar mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Quickly add the almonds and chocolate chips, using your hands if necessary.
- Still working quickly, press into prepared pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Makes 24 squares
A recipe from Crosbys
You also might like:
the spicy apron
Printed from Flyers-Online.com