Coffee and walnut cake Recipe
- 200g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 150....g unsalted butter
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease 2 x 20cm round cake tins and line with baking parchment.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in 1 tbsp boiling water and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a large spoon, fold in the flour and baking powder. Stir in half the walnuts and the dissolved coffee.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch.
- Remove the cakes from the tins and leave to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in 1 tsp boiling water. Beat together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the coffee and mix until well combined. Use half the buttercream icing to sandwich the cakes together.
- Cover the top with the remaining icing and decorate with the remaining walnuts.
A recipe from sainsburys
Printed from Flyers-Online.com