Chicken and Dumplings with Mushrooms Recipe
- 6 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 chicken legs (drumsticks with thighs; about 2 pounds)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Crisp bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Working in batches, cook chicken, skin side down, in same pot over medium heat until deep golden brown and crisp (do not turn), 12–15 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Working in 2 batches, cook mushrooms in same pot, seasoning with salt and pepper and stirring occasionally, until brown, 5–8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and translucent, 5–8 minutes.
- Add wine to pot; simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, bacon, thyme, bay leaves, and broth; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and gently simmer, partially covered, skimming occasionally, until chicken is falling off the bone, 2–2 1/2 hours.
- Add mushrooms and simmer until flavors meld, 10–15 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
A recipe from Epicurious
Printed from Flyers-Online.com