Brazilian-style beef, chorizo, and black bean stew Recipe
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 300 g (10 oz.) beef stewing cubes
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp.) salt
- 125 g (4 oz.) chorizo sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 each: celery stalk, carrot, and onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (796 mL/28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) chopped fresh cilantro
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook beef for about 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Season with salt and transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add chorizo, vegetables, and garlic to the Dutch oven.
- Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and orange zest and juice; bring to a boil.
- Return beef to Dutch oven, cover, and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add beans and continue cooking for 1 more hour or until beef is tender.
- Add cilantro when ready to serve and accompany with rice.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com