Beetroot Dip with Sourdough Toast Recipe
- 250g raw beetroot
- 215g chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- 14g parsley, to serve
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Wrap the beetroot in foil. Place in a baking dish and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Once the beetroot is cool enough to handle, roughly chop and put in a food processor along with the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, half the lemon juice and 3 tsp oil.
- Season well, then pulse until you reach your desired consistency – it should be smooth but still lightly textured, with no big chunks.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking and rub the sourdough slices all over with the oil. Toast on each side until golden.
- To serve, spoon the dip into a sharing bowl and sprinkle with the lemon zest, sesame seeds and parsley.
- Drizzle over the remaining oil, then dip the toast in and enjoy!
A recipe from sainsburys