(2-Ingredient) Strawberry Soda Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 (12-oz) can Diet 7-up, room temperature
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (8-oz) pkg. light cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp. room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin tins with 18 mufifn liners and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, pour the cake mix. Pour the diet soda in slowly to the cake mix.
- Stir together with a whisk until all lumps are gone.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about ¾ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling, bump up oven temperature to 400ºF.
- Spread coconut on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, or until toasted, stirring every so often so it doesn't burn.
- Pull out of oven and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Blend together with a mixer until all combined and smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Now, devour!
A recipe from yummy healthy easy