Cantor’s Quality Meats & Groceries is committed to offering customers quality products and service.
At Cantor’s we believe in the power of a name. To many generations of people in Winnipeg and the surrounding areas, Cantor’s is often associated with quality.
We first opened a shop in our current location in 1944. Since then, we’ve been delivering quality and professionalism to people of all walks of life. We make sure to offer fresh and high-quality meat and fish and to treat our customers with the respect they deserve.
As a business, we’re well-known for our excellence—just ask anyone in Winnipeg. This is because three generations of the Cantor family have been dedicated to putting in hard work and dedication into our business. We provide quality not only in our products but in our business as well.
Beginning not long after they moved to Canada from Europe, Edward Cantor began selling small items (Buttons, Zippers, Thread, etc.) to the farmers surrounding Winnipeg.
Soon after Edward Cantor moved to Canada from Europe, he began selling small items like buttons and thread to farmers in Winnipeg. He eventually started the Cantor business and opened our first location on Magnus Avenue, close to the Salter Bridge.
After Edward Cantor passed on, his sons, Joe and Oscar Cantor, took over the business in 1944. The family moved the store to its current location and worked together as a family to grow their business. They started out working long hours, seven days a week, before deciding to remain closed on Sundays and Holidays. This way, they could spend more time with the family.
Today, Joe’s son, Edward, manages Cantor’s Quality Meats & Groceries. Noticing the need for more space, they eventually expanded the store. Cantor’s customers can now find all their daily grocery needs within the 13,500 square foot building.