Warm apple and dulce de leche phyllo parcels Recipe
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Compliments Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips & Chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple cider
- 4 small Cortland apples, peeled, cored and halved crosswise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) of butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) of brown sugar
- 1 pkg (454 g) Compliments Phyllo Pastry Sheets, thawed in refrigerator overnight
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dulce de leche, divided
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a non-stick skillet, combine 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter and brown sugar and cook over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 to 5 min.
- Add apples and caramelize 2 min. on each side.
- Add cider and simmer until sauce reduces to about 1 tbsp (15 mL).
- Cool in refrigerator.
- In a bowl, mix almonds, chocolate chips, orange zest and sea salt, if using.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a clean surface and brush with melted butter.
- Place a second sheet of phyllo overtop and brush again with melted butter.
- Repeat twice to create 4 layers.
- Cut layered phyllo into 4 squares.
- Place one caramelized apple half in the centre of each square, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) dulce de leche and 2 tbsp (30 mL) almond mixture overtop.
- Lightly brush edges of each phyllo square with melted butter and bring corners together to form a blossom.
- Lightly brush outside of each blossom with melted butter.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com