Strawberry Banana Cucumber Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can sub cashew milk, or coconut milk beverage for a slightly different flavor)
- ½ cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1½ cups previously frozen strawberries (I buy pre-frozen strawberries for convenience)
- 1½ very ripe bananas, previously sliced and frozen on a tray so they don't stick together
OPTIONAL ADD INS:
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds or flaxseed meal for extra fiber
- 1 to 2 handfuls spinach for added nutrition (this does turn the smoothie into a muddy color; however, you can't taste the spinach)
- Slightly defrost the strawberries (if whole) in the microwave on the defrost setting.
- They should be slightly soft but still mostly cold. (You may be able to skip this step if you have a high-powered blender and it can handle anything).
- To a blender add the milk and cucumber. Blend on high until well-blended.
- Add the slightly defrosted strawberries, bananas, and any optional add-ins of your choice (see suggestions above).
- Blend on high until it's smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add a little more almond milk if things have a tough time moving, but try not to add too much; otherwise it will become "watered" down in flavor.
- Serve immediately.
Breakfast & Brunch
A recipe from robust recipes