Slow-Cooker Short-Rib Goulash Recipe
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in beef short ribs (4 inches thick each), English cut (about 4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth
- 1/4 cup Muir Glen™ organic tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
| ||PREP TIME
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In shallow pan, stir together flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat all sides of short ribs in flour mixture.
- Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 short ribs; cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker.
- Repeat with remaining 4 short ribs.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onions to same skillet with drippings.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add paprika, smoked paprika, red pepper and remaining flour mixture; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Beat in broth and tomato paste with whisk.
- Heat to boiling, scraping any browned bits on bottom of skillet.
- Remove from heat; carefully pour broth mixture over short ribs in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until ribs are fall-apart tender.
- Transfer short ribs to serving platter.
- Spoon off any fat from sauce in slow cooker.
- Stir sauce; pour over ribs, and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with sour cream and egg noodles, if desired.
A recipe from Betty Crocker