Slow-Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ creamy mushroom soup
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and crushed tortilla chips, if desired
| ||PREP TIME
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix onions, bell pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the salt in slow cooker.
- Stir in tomatoes, soup, broth and chiles.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the taco seasoning mix. Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Add chicken to mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Remove chicken from cooker with slotted spoon to cutting board. Stir cream cheese into mixture in cooker until smooth; cover and keep warm.
- Shred chicken by pulling apart with 2 forks; return to cooker.
- If desired, top each serving with chopped fresh cilantro leaves and crushed tortilla chips.
A recipe from Pillsbury
Printed from Flyers-Online.com