Old Fashioned Beef & Macaroni Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (Use a good quality)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (I use basil, oregano, garlic flavor)
- 29 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (enough to balance out the tartness of tomatoes)
- 1½ teaspoon basil
- 1½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, prepared al dente and drained.
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (topping)
| ||PREP TIME
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in ground beef. (season beef with salt and pepper if desired)
- When beef is cooked, drain off the excess fat.
- Pour in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Stir in the brown sugar, basil, oregano, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. (It should taste good enough to eat as is)
- Let sauce simmer for 20 minutes (I usually prepare the pasta at this time.)
- Add cooked macaroni to the soup.
- Ladled soup into bowls.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese
A recipe from divas can cook