Leg of lamb with thyme and ginger Recipe
- 1 fresh semi-boneless leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 150 mL (? cup) maple syrup
- 60 mL (¼ cup) water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) grated fresh ginger
- 4 or 5 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves only
- To taste, freshly ground pepper
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Make incisions in the leg of lamb and insert garlic slices.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, water, brown sugar, ginger, thyme, and pepper.
- Place leg of lamb in an ovenproof dish and pour maple mixture over top.
- Roast lamb uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160°C (325°F), cover, and continue roasting for 2 to 2½ hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 60°C (140°).
- Baste lamb frequently with pan juices during cooking.
- Remove lamb from oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve leg of lamb with an assortment of glazed root vegetables.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com