Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 cups Stock (vegetable or chicken are best)
- 2 lbs Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chives / green onions
- Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Black olives
- Steamed broccoli florets
- Chopped Tomatoes
| ||PREP TIME
- Combine stock, potatoes, garlic, salt, and black pepper in the bowl of a pressure cooker (any size will work, but be sure the ingredients are below the fill line) or slow cooker.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Set the pressure cook / manual setting on high for 5 minutes. (If using the slow cooker, slow cook on low for 6 to 8 hrs or high for 3 to 4 hrs.)
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes.
- Add sour cream and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or standing blender (be extra careful when blending hot liquids).
- Taste the soup and season with some more salt and / or black pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days before serving (see note below for instructions on reheating).
- Finish by topping each bowl with your favorite toppings!
A recipe from in quiring chef