Instant Pot All American Chili Recipe
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 8 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 8 oz Italian Sausage, loose (I prefer a mild version)
- 1 lb Ground Beef (I use an 80/20 ground beef, but drain it well to remove excess fat / oil during cooking)
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder (see note)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (light or dark)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ cups (1 12-oz bottle) Mild-Flavored Beer (see note)
- 1 (28 oz) can Diced Tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- 1 (28 oz) can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Green Onions, chopped
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chips (corn tortilla chips or Fritos are our favorites!)
| ||PREP TIME
- Turn the Instant Pot / pressure cooker (6 quart capacity or larger) on the saute function.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and saute until onions are starting to turn tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sausage and beef and saute, breaking it apart, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain excess grease out of the bowl (this will prevent the finished chili from being too greasy).
- Add chili powder, brown sugar, ground cumin, and dried oregano and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste, black pepper, and salt.
- Add beer, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, and bay leaves.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Set the pressure cook / manual setting on high for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving.
- Finish each bowl with your favorite toppings!
A recipe from in quiring chef