Iceberg Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Recipe
- 1 cup bleu cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and crumbled
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch chervil
- 1 bunch tarragon, leaves picked
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
| ||PREP TIME
2 - 4
- Crumble half of the blue cheese, and melt remaining in the microwave.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted cheese, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, lemon juice, Tabasco, and sherry vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper; chill.
- Slice the iceberg head horizontally into four 1 1/2-inch thick discs.
- To dress, place iceberg disc on a chilled salad plate and generously spread dressing over top.
- Garnish with crumbled blue cheese, walnuts, bacon, celery, tomatoes, chervil and tarragon.
A recipe from Relish