Gratin of Leek Recipe
- 500 g (2 bags) leeks sliced in rings
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) butter
- 4 slices bread
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) grated firm cheese
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) Dijon mustard
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) country-style 15% M.F. cream
- To taste, salt and pepper
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) honey
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks and honey and cook for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, mix cream, mustard and half of the grated cheese in a bowl.
- Stir together remaining cheese and bread cubes in another bowl.
- Transfer leeks to an oven-proof dish.
- Pour cream mixture into dish and stir to blend.
- Spread bread mixture on top.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com